Intro to the Forum

Hello and warm welcome to everyone joining from the recently closed forum!

Me and Rohini are delighted to have you here and look forward to your valuable contributions!

This is of course going to be a smaller, more intimate (but not closed to the wide open world) place than forum.astro-seek.com.

The technical wizardry of AS of course cannot be imported :smile:, unlike the users, but still, this platform will allow you to search users by ASC, Sun, and Moon (the feature is temporarily turned off for initial simplicity). In that way anonymity is preserved while one still gives an idea to others what their chart is like!

What else:

• Wiki-topics, blending forum posting and wiki - where everyone is welcome to contribute to a topic. Example: House numbers and commentary on them

• iOS and Android app that can be connected to this forum (links at the end)

• DMs and embedded chat channels

• On the left navigation panel one can add up custom links to astro-seek.com tools and have them accessed with one click

• More options for customizing oneā€™s profile

• Previous edits are always saved so one can revert back to them if needed for any reason.

• Responsive and modern design.

• **Bullet lists, numbered lists, and even tables (Can you believe this?) can be used in the posts.

So overall one can personalize the forum experience to a much greater extent than what was possible on AS.

However these are all merely tools and conveniences, the most important valuable thing is always you guys - the participants in the forum!

Further, we are open to the possibility of expanding the forum scope through slight rebranding e.g changing the domain name, depending on observed community interest in posting over the next weeks.

This could potentially steer us towards becoming a general community for the occult and esotericism, rather than being solely astrologically themed.

However, there arenā€™t that many astrological forums left out there nowadays, after the shutdown of astro.comā€™s forum and now AS.comā€™s forum, so this focus may remain as it is.

One advantage of the community being more focused is that we will likely see fewer ā€œMy boy drama synastry" posts.

However, this also means we will not see a large influx of new users from the dating side, as was the case with Astro-Seek, which might turn out to be a good thing since they rarely stayed for longer than that. So more quietness, more deliberate posting.

Additionally, we encourage you to link your Astro-Seek natal charts, or those from any other reputable natal chart provider, to your profiles if you so desire, as a way for others to take a look at your chart.

In terms of aesthetics, you can change the theme of the forum from the left sidebar.

Please note, however, that the little colors assigned to the categories may not always align perfectly with your selected theme. The categories and many other things will be in flux for a period until they find their perfect place in the forum. So expect mostl little changes now and then after you login. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

On a personal note, while I am deeply involved in the aspect of maintaining and improving this forum, right now I envision myself remaining in the background and posting somewhat infrequently as an admin.

The dynamic nature of online communities might call for my increased involvement at some points so itā€™s not a problem at all to step up my engagement if necessary, to ensure this remains a welcoming and engaging space for all.

Regardless of how I end up participating, rest assured, Rohini Moon is here to continue her role as a hostess of the community and we are planning to bring at least one additional mod to assist her and ensure the smooth operation of the community.

The future is just a concept, so it is not really predictable. Maybe in 1-2 years weā€™ll be the same 20-40 people from Astro-Seek occasionally posting in an extended tight-knit group, maybe more will come from Google searches and so on.

So thatā€™s that :sunny:. Welcome again and enjoy your experience on these forums. I hope you do!

iOS app: ā€ŽDiscourse Hub on the App Store
Android app: DiscourseHub ā€“ Apps on Google Play

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the invitation. Greetings to all.

2 Likes

Hi all. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey hey! glad to be here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yay! So happy to be here ā€¦thanks!

HellošŸ„³ Iā€™m very pleased to be invitedā¤ļø Iā€™m glad to be here!